Friday 12 October 2007

EAT CAKE!!!!!



This lovely card is largely designed by Kristina Werner, see it on her blog kwernerdesign blog. I have made a few minor changes. I LOVE her work. The colours are fabulous, and her designs are really striking.

The base card is 5 inches square, and in my version is choc chip cardstock. I have stamped it in choc chip classic ink, using the background stamp from the Eat Cake set. The next layer is Regal Rose, and has a row of Faux Stitching around the edges. The next layer is a piece of the Petals and Paisleys Designer Series Paper. A piece of white Grosgrain is knotted and wrapped around this layer (and anchored under the knot with a glue dot). The 'Eat Cake' sentiment from the Eat Cake set has been stamped in Choc Chip.

I have stamped the cake and candles on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, using Choc Chip, Regal Rose and Blush Blossom Markers (huffing on it before stamping). I possibly should have used Pretty in Pink instead of Blush Blossom. I might try that combo tomorrow. I have dabbled some glue pen above the candles and sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds. The Whisper White cardstock has been mounted on foam offcuts (saved after trimming my stamps). It gives a higher relief than the dimensionals.

I am considering using this design for an upcoming workshop, with due ackowledgement to Kristina, but I am concerned about the logistics of using Dazzling Diamonds during a workshop...will the hostess really want her home covered in glitter? Might have a chat to her about that ;-). It is a step that can be left out, at any rate.

See you!

No comments: