Sunday 28 October 2007

Festive Favourites



This card was inspired by a beautiful one I saw on Andrea Walford's blog. Andrea has used some beautiful patterned paper that we do not have over here (yet ;-), so I made my own using Snow Flurries on Confetti White, in Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss and Sage Shadow (all stamped off first). When our November promotion starts here......Holiday Thyme Patterned paper for $14.95...Yipppppeeeeeeeee....I will try it again, using some of that...and a different colour scheme.

My base card is Always Artichoke, then there is some Mellow Moss with the corners punched. The next layer is the stamped Confetti White, with silver brads in the corners, and the 'Season's Greetings' sentiment from Many Merry Messages stamped in Always Artichoke. The next layer is Always Artichoke, and it is mounted on dimensionals. The line of trees is from Festive Favourites and it is stamped on Confetti White. It is actually part of a much larger stamp, which I have cut into three pieces. I haven't mounted it yet...as I only have the one large block to mount it on. So I stamped it here, using Stazon, while it was unmounted. The hardest part was cleaning it afterwards! I have coloured it using Water Colour Wonder Crayons and an Aquapainter. The whole piece and the underlying layer have then been wrapped with silver cord (and lots of sticky tape on the back to hold it in place), et voila!

Have a great weekend.
Sam.

2 comments:

Keryn Campbell said...

I love Festive Favourites too and isn't our new November promo going to be fab.

~* Tracy *~ said...

I love this card! He's very nice!

I edited my origami lily post so it has the link to the page where I found the instructions. I can't find your email so I will tell you here!

~Tracy