Wednesday 24 October 2007

Yule Bits & Borders



I had never considered buying this set until a customer recently purchased it, and then showed me what she had done with it. It really is a very pretty and versatile set! This card doesn't really do it justice. Being way too tired while card-making probably didn't help. I even deconstructed it this morning to change the brads I used in the corners. It pulled up fairly well after that major operation...I was surprised.

The colours are Vintage Violet (making the most of it before it goes off the market next April), Marigold Morning and Cranberry Crisp. There is crystal effects on the star on the centre strip, and I have sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on it before drying. The whole centre strip is mounted on dimensioanls. The 'happy' and 'Christmas' are from Everyday Flexible Phrases...I've eyeballed them in...hence their wobbliness ;-).

I'm thinking of this card as a prototype. There are some changes to be made...I just can't tell what they are right now. Will ponder that today :-).

See you!
Sam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,

maybe you could put the Happy Christmas on the Summer Sun layer and the brads on the red layer? Did you end up with the diamond brads or were they the originals? I would probably just go with round ones. It is always good to find new ways to use sets, but I can't justify another Christmas set - especially not now we have the summer mini!

Veronica

Sam said...

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for the idea. I think you are right. I was dismayed at how the happy Christmas disappeared into the Crisp, and the brads will def stand out better on the Crisp. I will try it today. :-). I love having a plan!!
Sam.