Tuesday 20 November 2007

Christmas Cracker in Holiday Thyme



So, I was going for the David Jones Christmas Catalogue look with my photos here. Unfortunately I didn't have any napkins that looked remotely respectable with this dinner setting (think lady bugs, pirates, clowns, fish etc...but nothing refined Christmas :-).

You get the idea though. Make your own Christmas Crackers this year using Stampin' Up!'s beautiful Holiday Thyme Designer Series (double-sided) paper (12 sheets for $14.50 - available through me until 15th December, 2007). I think they look stunning (the crackers and the paper :-).

I'm going to make my own Christmas Crackers this year....I'll even endeavour to find some silly jokes online and some ridiculous looking hats in the $2 shop (what cracker would be complete without a ridiculous hat inside?).

This one took all of 15 minutes to make. I have used sticky strip to join it together...don't want it falling apart on a 40 degree Christmas Day now, do we? The ribbons are Olive Organdy and Gold Cord. Don't tie them too tight.....I've heard the cracker can rip if you tie them too tight (or if you cut the diamonds at the ends too thin).

Have Fun!
Sam.

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

I love your Christmas Cracker and your DJ's shots!