Saturday 3 November 2007

Possible Sydney Regionals Swap Card



This card is a front runner for my Sydney Regionals swap card. I am PMSL at my use of the words 'front runner'.......it is the ONLY card in the race at the moment.

I am working on the colours at the moment. I find it a tad....blue. Might change the ribbon colour from the navy to the wine organdy. At the moment the colours are Brocade Blue, Night of Navy and Whisper White. The Christmas carols stamp is from the Yule Bits & Borders set. The 'noel' is from Many Merry Messages and the dots..(AKA snow [for those of us Aussies who don't know what snow is ;-]) is from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds set. I have inked the edges of the Brocade Blue and Whisper White layers, using a sponge and Classic ink. I am always amazed at how much this technique can do for a card. It really takes it from being flat, boring and dimension-less...to having great depth and appeal (for me at any rate).

Hope you like it.
Sam.

PS. Some variations on the theme. What do you think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love love LOVE this! It would be PERFECT for the Sydney Regionals Swap ... damnit I wish I was going to the Regionals in Sydney!!