Friday 25 April 2008

En Francais Carte Postale

I was tinkering around at the craft desk today and this is the card that I came up with.



It was fiddly, but fun to make, and I was pleased with the look in the end.

The colours are: Blue Bayou, So Saffron and Whisper White. The Designer Series Paper is also from the Palette O' Prints Designer Series range.....I will post about it soon I promise ;-). The background is En Francais...and it is BEAUTIFUL! I have layered Vellum Cardstock over the top and secured it with four silver bards (I would have preferred Pewter, but I have not bought any of the new Vintage Brad selection yet). I have then stamped the image and words from the Carte Postale set in Basic Gray over the top (does anyone know if that design on the top has a name? It reminds me of the guiding Trefoil...in fact I think the Scouts had something like it...might have to go consult Wikipedia!!).

That is all there is to it!
Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sam.

PS. The Palette O' Prints information will also be in my May Stamnpin' Up! Newsletter....which, unlike April, will eventually get to my customers (I am sorry about the lack of an April newsletter, with Nick away, then Convention, me getting sick, and a trip to Sydney, it has been kinda hectic here).

1 comment:

Diane Barnes said...

très élégant Sam! Love the layout & colours.
Re your question about the stamp, it's the fleur-de-lis. Very cool!Here's a link to wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur-de-lis