Wednesday 30 April 2008

A Little Bit of Happiness

This is a card that I made for a friend, who I thought could use a Little Bit Of Happiness! I wish it had been a Whole Lot of Happiness...but I did the best I could.




The background cardstock is Groovy Guava, and I have stamped on it using Groovy Guava Classic Ink and a stamp from the 'A Little Bit of Happiness' set. The next layer is a piece of Purely Pomegranate. It has been ripped along the edge, and then I have doodled little flowers along it using the White Gel Pen. The next layer is Soft Sky, and I have used Textured Cardstock for this piece. The join between it and the Purely Pom layer is covered with a piece of Blue Bayou Double Stitched ribbon. I affixed two Jumbo Eyelets in Pewter at each end using the Crop-A-Dile...what a great tool! It cut through that ribbon like butter :-)...no hammering and cursing either.

There is another small layer in Blue Bayou, then there is the Watercolor Paper with the main image stamped in Stazon and coloured using an Aquapainter and Classic Ink picked up from the lid of the stamp pads. If you look closely you will see that I have gone around the edge of the image in Going Gray Classic Ink. This is a tip provided by the amazingly talented Alisa Tilsner during her Brisbane Convention WOW session. It really does make a difference to your image. Thanks Alisa.

I have stamped the back of a Stampin' Up! Whisper White envelope using Groovy Guava Classic Ink. This is an idea I saw on the blog of a wonderful stamper, Michele Force. Check her blog out for plenty of beautiful card ideas!!!

Have a great day!
Sam.

1 comment:

Diane Barnes said...

This card is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Sam! The 'Little Bit' image is beautifully coloured & the card colours look great together. Love it! Di :)