Wednesday 28 May 2008

My First Ever Technique Class....

.....and the first technique off the rank was Crayon Resist!

This is the card we made:



I had never tried this technique before...so I asked how it worked on our online Stampin' Up! Demonstrator forum (its a Yahoo Group for demos, and a FANTABULOUS source of information and inspiration). Lots of demos replied with various tips for me, and I'd like to say 'thank you' to all of them. I also want to say a special thank you to Stephanie Pike who answered a tonne of my questions and sent me photos of her crayon resist cards too! You were very helpful Steph, I really appreciate your time.

In the end I trialled lots of different crayons and slightly different ways of doing it, all of which gave different results. I am very happy with how my final version turned out...and if you want to know how I did it, and which crayon I think is the BESTEST EVER CRAYON IN THE WORLD with which to do it...you'll have to come along to my next class ;-).

ETA: I just wanted to add a close-up of the crayon resist design.



The most frustrating thing I found about the whole crayon resist process was that I kept getting an ink speckled appearance in my crayoned areas (not the stark white that I was hoping for). After tinkering and tinkering and tinkering again, I think I worked out why that happened and finally got a result that I was very pleased with.

I charged $10 for this class and for this my attendees got to make this card and another card which used the Emboss Resist technique (I'll post that up at another time). The cards came with envelopes and inserts, and there was also a light supper provided...which involved home cooked CHOCOLATE CAKE! Is it sounding like an attractive proposition? The $10 was redeemable on any Stampin' Up! order over $100, placed on the night.

If you are interested in attending a Technique Class in my home (or yours) send me a message (navarino@yahoo.com) and we can organise a time!

And now it is bed time...well and truly!!
Sam.

4 comments:

Karen said...

ohhhhhhhhh Sam!!! I so want to come to that class!!! Not just to learn that tech but to eat your chocci cake! roflol

I just love this card - the colours are the die for!! You will have to share with me how you did it one day when you have some time!

Hugs and CONGRATS on your first technique class!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I wish I could come to some of your classes :)

Diane Barnes said...

This one was worth the wait Sam! Very noice indeed. Layout & colours are lovely & the crayon resist looks great with bud. Well done you! :) Di

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colours you have used and it has even made me think that I need Bud Basics (which has done nothing for me unti now)!

Maybe you can share your tips with us interstate girls some time!

I bet everyone had a great time at the class.

Jo