Wednesday 2 July 2008

Triangle Trifold and Pocket cards

I just wanted to show you the cards we made at my last class.

The first was a Triangle Trifold card, and the instructions for making it can be found on Splitcoaststampers. We used Berry Bliss DSP and Purely Pomegranate Textured Cardstock for these cards:





Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to make the groovy matching envelopes on the night, but I have since learned how to make them. Check out Lin Mei Yap's awesome online tutorial for simple instructions. See this post too for a conversion equation! Yes, this girl has truly done her homework and this is such an easy way to make a square envelope. Thanks Lin Mei!!!

I don't know that you can see in the above photos, but we have added Crystal Effects to our cake...for icing and candle flames. Check out the close-up below:



The second card was a Pocket Card, and the instructions can also be found on Splitcoaststampers. We used Jersey Shore DSP and Brilliant Blue cardstock for ours:





Last, but not least, I wanted to show you a little card that I made with Miss 4 on the weekend:



She had a party to go to, and we decided it would be nice to make the Birthday girl a card together. Miss 4 did all the stamping herself, and put all the SNAIL adhesive on the cardstock and stuck the blossoms on too. I think she did a fabulous job!

Have a great rest-of-the-week!
Sam.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

hi sam :) love all the cards on this post :) but my comment and question is on the triangle trifold card with the crystal effects. Am thinking this would make a fantastic invitation card (thinking for a baby shower for my friend) but was wondering how you put crystal effects on. Do you use a paintbrush or just the nib on the bottle? best regards
xxx

Mary said...

I love how you used Crystal Effects on that cake. It's gorgeous!