Sunday 24 August 2008

Happy Birthday...to me!

Hello stampers, cardmakers, scrappers, blog readers, and those who ended up here by mistake!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Here in beautiful downtown Canberry, Australia (the Nation's shining capital), it was a lovely cloudless day, and reached a balmy (well...maybe not exactly balmy) 14.8 degrees celcius (I even broke out a T.shirt in honour of it almost being spring ;-).

But I digress....the reason I come to you in such high spirits is that I recently celebrated a birthday, and I operate under the school of 'celebrate your birthday the week before, the week during and the week after...the big day ;-)'...so suffice to say it is STILL my birthday and that makes me happy!

Just wanted to post a couple of pics in honour of my special day (if I don't...who will??, so don't you be rolling your eyes at my self-indulgence!!!).



This photo shows one of my birthday gifts from my hubby and kids. The photo does not really do it justice. The vase and stems are made out of aluminium, and the flowers are made out of glass. The flowers screw into the stems, so you can move them around. Hubby brought this back for me from Albuquerque (please excuse any spelling errors...this is an extraordinarily hard name to spell), New Mexico. It was SUCH a lovely surprise!



On my birthday hubby stayed home from work and we all went to visit the National Botanic Gardens, here in the ACT. I LOVE these gardens. The trees and flowers are magnificent. The shot above shows some gorgeous paper daisies growing by the rock pool where we usually see the water dragons...but they must have been visiting abroad that day, as they were nowhere to be seen. We also enjoyed a delicious lunch at Hudson's in the gardens. I had Thai Fish cakes and a scrumptious salad that included couscous..YUMMO!



This pic shows the birthday card given to me by my good friend Kim (Hi Kim!). Isn't it lovely? The base of the card is Confetti White, stamped with Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink and the Paisley background stamp. There is then a layer of Purely Pomegranate, then Regal Rose, then more Confetti White.

The Happy Birthday is stamped in Purely Pomegranate ink and clear embossed. The flower stem is made of double-stitched Wild Wasabi ribbon, and the leaves are Wild Wasabi cardstock which has been crimped, cut and folded (and looks fabulous!!!). The flower petals are made from Purely Pomegranate, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink cardstock, all of which have been stamped with the Paisley background stamp, clear embossed and then punched out with the Round Tab punch. The flower centre is a So Saffron flower punched using the Spring Bouquet punch, and then a Pretty in Pink Button, with some thread tied through.

Thank you Kim, I love this card :-).

Ciao,
Sam.

5 comments:

chloe said...

I hope you had a great birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Sam!!! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

I'm in Canberra too and you're right, it was a beautiful day today. Spring is definitely in the air.

Melinda (in Conder)

Sam said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes girls! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Birthday Sam!!! Sorry to have missed it, Glad you got spoilt and I hope you had a wonderful day!
Love Keesh x