Tuesday 14 October 2008

Boats for Baby Boys

I was tinkering around last night, and came up with this little card:


The colours are Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky and Whisper White. The Soft Sky and Whisper White layers are textured cardstock and I have stamped the Nursery Necessities boat onto them giving the following groovy effect:


I used the Crop-a-dile to set the silver eyelets which act as portholes for the boats. The Crop-a-dile wouldn't reach the portholes on the middle boat, so I had to get out my trusty Crafter's Toolkit and set them with my hammer and punches. I had to wait until this morning to do this as I find I need to go out and do this on the concrete slab outside. When I try this inside (on a wooden floor) I seem to have 'issues' which I put down to the flexing of the floor....or perhaps I just don't hit as hard inside because I worried about the noise ;-).

The Pumpkin Pie layer has been crimped and the upper three layers are mounted up on dimensionals. The hardware is Styled Silver from the current Stampin' Up! Spring mini catalogue.

Have a great day stampers!
Sam.

No comments: