Sunday 19 October 2008

Have a Dashingly Merry Christmas

I've been tinkering again this morning. I have a class and a workshop to prepare for this week...but I managed to squeeze this little blog offering in too ;-).


The colours are Real Red..yes really!..and Whisper White (the bottom WW layer is textured). The pressies are punched from the Dashing DSP using the small and large square punches. The 'bow' is from the 'Big Bold Birthday' stamp set, and the 'Merry Christmas' greeting is from Occasional Greetings stamp set. And that's it! I've done a bit of paper piercing around the main frame, and that layer is mounted up on dimensionals. A simple card.

While I was taking the pic, I was admiring my vege patch...so I thought I'd share it with you. We have lots of strawberries on the way...YUMMY!


...and enough continental parsley, thyme, marjoram, chives and oregano to keep me in Spag Bol for the next 12 months. You can't see them all here, but doesn't it look so green and tasty?


While I'm off the craft track...we went to the beach yesterday for a bit of sunny, sandy, salty, Saturday fun:




I was playing with my polarising filter and my 50 mm lens. I had some success...a significant number of blurries...but you get that.

Hope your weekend has been fun too!
Ciao, Sam.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Sam - I have to ask - DO YOU EVER MAKE UGLY CARDS? roflol

This one is just beautiful.....again! What a great idea for a really simple, yet very elegant card!

I can feel a CASE coming on........

Luv
K

Diane Barnes said...

I've got 2 words to say to you Sam...love it! Oh and 4 more...must case it too :)
Hope you had a lovely weekend. Love Di

kareN stampZ said...

Have to agree with Karen No 1 on this - simply stunning (again) & I've just bought Dashing - must have known

Denise said...

Love your Christmas card, it's beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I wish I had the time to not only play with my scrapping/cards, but to have a blog/website!

And hey - i found the flower - in the strawberry patch!!!

Jo Healy

Sam said...

Hi Jo, and any other newsletter readers....this is not the right post. The image you are looking for is exactly the same as the one in the newsletter, although a tiny bit smaller.

It has not been located as at 4:10pm 01/11/08.

Good luck
Sam