Wednesday 10 December 2008

Guess where we went yesterday?

If you were watching the local WIN news you might have spotted us in the crowd.....we took the kids to see the WIGGLES!


It was a great concert...the Wiggles and all the other characters have so much energy, it was contagious. Anthony must have been doing some Olympic gymnastics training because at one point he was hanging upside down on the Rings and doing the splits...WOWZERS!!! I didn't get a photo because I was too busy staring ;-).

But I digress...in one of the numbers they sung, the Wiggly dancers were wearing these really groovy dresses. I can't remember what the song was, because I was thinking of how I'd like to make a card in the same design. This is a really blurry shot of the dresses (sorry, I only had my small camera on hand, and it doesn't deal well with the dark, but you can just see the girls at the back of the stage on the steps):


So today, I made a really simple card using the dresses as inspiration. I like how it turned out:


The background cardstock is Textured Basic Black. The Wiggly colours are: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow and Lovely Lilac. I've used a piece of Styled Silver Hodgepodge, and stamped a sentiment from the 'It's Your Birthday' stamp set in Basic Black classic ink on Whisper White cardstock...and that's all...VERY technical hey? ;-)

While I was outside I thought I'd take a little snap of my beautiful Melaleuca Nesofila in bloom:


Hope your day has been a good one!

Back soon, with a challenge card.
Sam.

1 comment:

Liam said...

I love this card. I didn't notice it before. That is fantastic inspiration. I know a few of my son's friends from playgroup would love this card. thanks for sharing.

Liam