Wednesday 21 January 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #1

I've been a big admirer of Karen Giron's beautiful blog, the sweetest thing, for a while now...it comes under the special heading 'favourite US SU blogs' in my Google reader :-). Please go take a look at her lovely work, I think you will agree that her designs are the sweetest things!

But I digress...what I came here to show/tell you about is another card that I have made for Karen's first sketch challenge, sweet sunday sketch challenge #1:


I made my card last night while watching NCIS...but I didn't finish it because I wanted to get to bed a bit early so I could get up at 3:30 am and watch Barack Obama's inauguration. After making that big effort, I forgot to set my alarm (DOH!), and slept right through until 6 am...but I'm catching up on the events now instead :-). What an exciting day! To my US readers..congratulations on the inauguration of your new President.

There I go again..off on a tangent...sorry. I am sure you didn't come here to read about my TV watching schedule, so I'll get back to business. Here is my card:


Ingredients (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Cardstock: Whisper White, Textured Basic Black
Paper: Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Cheery Chat
Ink: Basic Black Classic Ink
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, crop-a-dile, Francheville black grosgrain ribbon, Provo Craft Asterisks dies, Spellbinders Nestabilities square and scalloped square dies, two-way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, SNAIL, glue dots, The Robin's Nest Hardy Ivy Dew Drops.


Hope you all have a lovely day, thanks for dropping by!

Sam.

7 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Love the card - and the tidbits about yourself! It makes your blog seem like your visiting an old friend. xXx

Zarna said...

Love the black with Bali Breeze, I always use kraft or Choc Chip but the black is stunning, might have to see what I can come up with...

Karen Giron said...

What a stunning card! I really like the Baja paper with black, makes your card really pop. Thanks so much for playing along!

Robin. said...

cute card! and yes... it is a VERY exciting day here in the U.S.!!!

Carol Dunstan said...

this is lovely Sam :)

LeAnne said...

Very cute, I love the black--it makes such a great contrast!
LeAnne

Lauren said...

Great Card Sam. xx