Wednesday 25 March 2009

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I have not participated in a Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge for quite some time now, but when I saw what this week's movie was...I thought I'd give it a go!


I remember reading this story as a kid. Wow...I could see that chocolate river so clearly in my head! But you don't want to know about my 'issues' here ;-).

The challenge also includes the use of bright colours on your card...not so challenging hey? I love bright colours!!

Here is my card:


Here is a list of the ingredients I have used (all available from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Pink Passion and Textured Whisper White
Stamps: All Wrapped Up Accessories (retired)
Ink: Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet and Melon Berry
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz Luxe Satin Ribbon, Crimper, Hidden Garden Rubo-ons, sticky strip, SNAIL, mini glue dots.


I also have a couple of happy snaps to share. On the weekend we took the kids down to Lake Tuggeranong for a picnic dinner and we took along their bikes too. It was the first time they've ridden anywhere other than our small backyard...and to say that they were pleased to be out would be putting it mildly ;-).




Using your eyes to assist in the steering process is obviously OPTIONAL (they both have their eyes firmly closed)! Luckily they didn't mow anyone down. The other riders and pedestrians seemed to be giving them a very wide berth. Funny that!

Grandma and Grandpa were also visiting from Sydney, and Grandma turned one and a half balls of this:


...into this fabulous scarf for me...


...in just one day! I barely got 10 rows of '50 x knit one perl one' done in the same time (and you should see the mess that is...actually, NO...you should not). I think I'm beyond hope in the knitting department. (ETA...I did make the fringe though....woo hoo huh?).

Thanks for visiting :-)
Sam.

PS. Don't forget, the SCS Victorian Bushfire Appeal 2009, closes today. Head on over to SCS to be in the draw for some wonderful crafting goodies!

PPS. I keep meaning to ask you guys...Do you feed your kids enough? I, apparently...do NOT!:

7 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

Love your card! The jellybeans are great and it is bright and yummy looking!

Debbie Pamment said...

Great photos Sam - you're kids are really sweet - just like your card - LOL.

Unknown said...

Hey Sam! I love that card. You have done a great job with those colours. AND I love that wool, did you buy it locally? I might be able to pick some up when I'm there for convention. Ange :)

Robin. said...

so cute... i want a crimper!

Brooke S said...

YA!!! I'm so glad you got to play with us... I love the jelly beans... So cute. What yummy colors you used 2.

I have to say I am a hopeless knitter 2. I think I have learned to knot and crochet about a billion times I just need to stick with it long enough to realy get it I guess.

YA! again..
Hugs
Brooke

Leonie said...

A seriously YUMMY card! Charlie & the chocolate factory is one of my all time fav's too! Cute pics on your blog!

Libby Hickson said...

LOVE your card, those jellybeans are just TOO cute!! And so are your kids!! That last photo cracked me up!!! And wow what a gorgeous scarf, I so wish I could knit. :-)