Friday 10 April 2009

It's Raining Easter Baskets....

...well, it looks like it is about to rain here, and we sure are inundated with Easter baskets!

As if it were not enough that Miss 5 had made one at Preschool, and another at Daycare this week....I've just finished a bunch for her and some friends to have on Sunday when we have an Easter BBQ and egg hunt at our place. You can never have enough Easter baskets I say!


I used the backing cardboard sheet that comes with each pack of Designer Series Paper (DSP) as the base of the Easter basket, scoring it at 4 inch intervals along the horizontal and vertical. With a few 4 inch incisions, this folds into a 4 x 4 inch square box without a lid. I have stuck it together using a liberal quantity of Sticky Strip....because we all know it is going to see some SERIOUS chocolate egg-hunting action on Sunday.

I have adhered 4 inch-square pieces of Sweet Always DSP onto opposite sides of the box, and trimmed the top with a 1.5 inch strip of a coordinating design, also from the Sweet Always DSP pack. The handle is a 1 inch wide strip of textured Chocolate Chip cardstock, which has been stuck down at each end using SNAIL adhesive, then firmly secured using a Pewter Jumbo eyelet. This baby is not coming off! It will need to be ripped apart!!! ;-).


I have made name labels for each child's basket using a rectangular piece of retired Chipboard, covered in Sweet Always DSP and sanded back. The name has been applied using Rub-ons, and then attached to the basket with a piece of Grosgrain ribbon, through another jumbo eyelet. The label is also decorated with various other coordinating Grosgrain ribbons in Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink and Pumpkin Pie.


On the other side of the basket I have placed a punch art rabbit. I got the idea for this rabbit from a fellow Aussie Stampin' Up! demo, Liam. Thanks so much for the lovely idea Liam!

I have used Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette cardstock for my wabbit, not to mention a whole host of punches including: small and large oval, 1 1/4 inch circle, scallop circle and 1/4 inch circle. His eyes are googly eyes that I got from the local craft shop, and I have adhered him to the basket using dimensionals.

That's pretty much it! They have taken a while, but they look so cute! Hope the kids enjoy using them.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter long weekend, if you are celebrating this weekend.

Best wishes,
Sam.

9 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

They look delightful - my tummy is so full of chocolate bunny right now I'm feeling sorry for myself!

KimB said...

HI Sam,
they look gorgeous, I suspect the kids will be more interested in the choccy eggs but I reckon they have WOW factor.

Kim

Debbie Pamment said...

If the kids don't like them send them my way - LOL. Another cute project - can only imagine how long these took you!! Worth the effort though.
xXx

Leonie said...

Just gorgeous!

Liam said...

Love that little bunny very clever. It is soo cute. Love those eyes. I love the boxes you made with the ds paper. Love those colours. I just love it all.

Liam

Kristie said...

These are just adorable! I really love your punch bunny...too cute :) I'm sure the kids will love these...almost as much as the chocolate inside them...LOL!

Kate Lewis said...

What a lovely collection of boxes Sam! Love them! And that punched rabbit is the cutest!!! Kate x

Jen said...

Oh my goodness. Those are just beautiful and too cute for words!!! I love them. :D

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sam! I wish you and your family a lovely easter!

Can't wait to meet you at convention - not long now eh!

Karen