Tuesday 2 March 2010

Some more jewels...


...this post is going to be short, I think I'm fighting another cold and kinda feel not all here IYKWIM?

I've had these groovy beads for ages. I bought them from Teresa at Silverfish Designs in June of last year. Teresa called them Desert Rounds...and they do look decidedly desert-y don't they? They also have more of that delicious turquoise blue in them that I love!
ETA: In addition to the lampwork beads I use Swarovski crystals, sterling silver focals, spacers, toggles, findings and coated wire. I get these things from a variety of places, but mostly:

Beadstreet - sterling silver focals and toggles, Swarovski crystals, and wire
Bead Barn - Swarovski crystals and sterling silver focals
Over the Rainbow - Swarovski crystals, sterling silver spacers, crimps and crimp covers.

I am finding that I have to use the flash for all of these jewellery shots, regardless of how much natural light there is. Does someone who is photographically savvy know why this is? It seems to be the only way to stop the glare coming off single facets of the beads and washing everything else out. Maybe it helps even out the light return and is because of the shape of the bead surfaces. Hmmmmmm?!

Sorry for the boring ponderings. I'll blame it on the cold ;-).

Hope you are feeling healthier than me!





(Blogged to: Copperhead Road - Steve Earle).

6 comments:

susy said...

Cooool, another gorgeous creation, lovin't turquoise at the moment too. where do you get all your other bitsy bits for your beads, the crystals and the clasps ect, they all look so nice? Hope you are feeling better soon, have number 4 home with a cold at the moment, not nice.

Unknown said...

Hey Sam, these bracelets are sooo Fabulous and Amazing! Love them!

Debbie Pamment said...

Hope you feel better soon Sam!!!
This bracelet is amazing - love those funky beads!
Copperhead Rd huh - that's a GREAT song!
xXx

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon Sam...And as for your braclet...Absolutely stunning!! Xx

Jodene said...

This one reminds me of the beach ... so gorgeous Sam! You are one multi-talented lady :)
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Corie said...

WOW -- so so so FANTASTIC