Monday 15 November 2010

Just Add Christmas


Over at Just Add Ink this week, it is time for challenge #43, and the challenge is to Just Add Christmas. Not such a hard challenge at this time of year!

My colours are a bit out of left-field for this project, but I am happy with the overall effect:



List of Ingredients:

Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Whisper White and Peach Parfait (all SU)
Ink: Poppy Parade Classic Ink (SU)
Stamps: Trees With Trimmings (PTI)
Accessories: Sugar Plum 8x8 Patterned Paper (PTI), Mistletoe Ribbon Originals (SU), Stocking Prints Die (PTI), Orchid Fine Cosmo Stampin' Glitter (SU), Violet Pure Wool Felt (Felt on the Fly), Red Glass Seed Beads (Miscellaneous), Dimensionals (SU), Mini Glue Dots (SU) and Tombow Mono Adhesive (Penwa).


I just sprinkled some of the Orchid Fine Cosmo Stampin' Glitter onto the Violet felt and kind of worried it in with a paintbrush. There is no other adhesive holding it on. The glitter just kind of sticks in the fibres of the felt. Of course if you went and gave it a good ol' scratch it'd all come off...but who is going to do that? It's not a scratch and sniff card!

The red micro beads are stitched along the top of the stocking. I was going to stitch them all over, but they were a tad on the fiddly side (understatement of the century)...I am glad that I didn't because I really like how the glitter looks on the felt!

Still raining and raining here. The garden is exploding out of all the beds, and I only go out there with a flame thrower...I'm worried about triffids ;-).

See ya!








(Blogged to: Straight Lines - Silverchair and Don't Change - INXS).

5 comments:

Jo said...

Rain, tell me about it - it's poured nearly every weekend for the last 5 weeks. Warm to hot during the week, rain Saturday & Sunday. Our grass is out of control!!!!

I love your glittery purple stocking and the pretty seed beads. After doing calisthenis for years, I have sewn enough of those suckers to last me a lifetime!

Patrice said...

Can't believe you took to your card with needle and thread - good for you. Lovely colourful card and very pretty bow :o)

My poor old garden is so waterlogged half of the trees are bent over because they're so top heavy.

Unknown said...

A lovely glittery card, and those micro beads are lovely, glad it was you and not me who had to stitch them lol.

Leonie said...

I know we need the rain but geeeeeeee, I am a bit over it!! Anyway, love the colours you have used here, very funky! Sparkly too :)

Anonymous said...

I like every post in this blog. Really a nice work has done.