Monday 1 November 2010

Shimmer Paints...


Well...being the 1st of November, today is the first day of the wonderful 'We Stamp for Lara' initiative, which I mentioned in a recent post here.

Today's tutorial is one by Nicole Derendorf, and focuses on the use of Shimmer Paint! It is not too late to join in this wonderful event, and for a small entry fee you get a new tutorial for every day of November....and chances to win lucky door prizes too. Not to mention the fabulous online forum that you become part of when you sign up, where you can chat with other stampers, ask questions etc. What is not to love!? You can read more and sign up for 'We Stamp for Lara' here.

Now...on to my project. First up, I don't own any Stampin' Up! Shimmer Paint, so I have used Liquid Pearls instead. I think it gives a similar effect, I was happy with the end result at any rate. My card design is not particularly inspired...just very simple squares on squares...sorry about that. I've been feeling a bit blah today...and have done the best I could. I did enjoy playing with shimmery goodness though. It made me smile, and made me a bit sparkly too ;-).



List of Ingredients:

Cardstock: Real Red (Plain and Textured), Elegant Eggplant, Shimmer White and Whisper White (SU)

Ink: Elegant Eggplant and Real Red Classic Ink (SU)
Stamps: Trees with Trimmings (PTI)
Accessories: Diamonds Impression Plate (PTI), White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Clear Rhinestones (SU), Tombow Mono (Penwa), Stampin' Sponges (SU) and Dimensionals (SU).

Ok...better go do something about dinner now. I've been running about like a fool all day. Lots to do this week.










(Blogged to: We Will Rock You - Queen and Radio Ga Ga - Queen).

1 comment:

Jo said...

Ohh, I like this colour combo! Very nice