Sunday 20 March 2011

It's my Party


We've got parties (yes...parties plural) coming up here soon. Both Miss almost 7 and Mr almost 5 are due to celebrate their birthdays in the next few weeks. We have actually brought their birthdays forward almost a month due to a big, big adventure that we are embarking on in late April (more on that exciting story later).

This year I have scheduled both birthday parties on the same day. Crazy....? Maybe! But at least they'll be done and dusted in one go, and then we have to launch the big house pack-up.

Miss almost 7 has a 'thing' about lions. No lion in particular...just lions in general. I don't know where it came from...it just is. So I decided that her party invite would be lion-themed. Her current favourite colours are red and yellow...so a red and yellow, lion-themed card it would be!



List of Ingredients:

Cardstock: Miscellaneous Red from local paper store (close to Cherry Cobbler or Cranberry Crisp), Marigold Morning and Whisper White
Ink: Marigold Morning and Cherry Cobbler Classic Inks (SU) and Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Fox and Friends (SU) and Birthday Bash Sentiments (PTI)
Accessories: Scallop Squares Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Polka Dot Basics II Impression Plate (PTI), Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circle Collection (PTI), Tombow Mono (Penwa) and Dimensionals (SU).


I only recently got the ever-so-cute Fox and Friends stamp set from my stamping buddy Di...who very kindly sent it along for me when she sent a card (I still have this beauty to show you too :-) and gift on the birth of our wee Thumper. Thanks again Di, I love this set!

Well, its way past my bedtime...I can barely keep the little peepers open here.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous Sam, I loooove the lion, and the different die shapes are great altogether.

Rose said...

Absolutely darling, Sam!

Paula Dobson said...

Your Daughter is going to love these, if she hasn't already seen them! So darn cute Sam - way to go!! ♥

Karen said...

Awwwwwwwww Sam this is such a cute little design!! You are one brave woman doing both parties in 1 day.

Do tell about your big adventure......does it have anything to do with a beautiful big boat?? lol

K
x

Diane Barnes said...

You are such a legend Sam. New baby, parties & upcoming adventures...& still able to make super fun & cute invitations. Hugs, Di

Jo said...

The invitations are gorgeous Sam. As for your big adventure, it sounds to me like you're moving house, interstate perhaps??? Cause THAT would be a really big adventure.

Diane Barnes said...

Me again! No wanting to add to your busy-ness, but I just wanted you to know I've given you an award for sharing all your awesomeness & inspiration. More love & hugs, Di