Sunday 17 April 2011

Another recent hatching...


Friends of ours in Sydney welcomed their first child, an adorable baby boy, on Friday. I was sitting, contemplating what card to make last night and had my 'Big Bird in purple dinosaur egg' card out on the table in front of me. While I was looking at him I had, what I consider, a bit of a light-bulb moment! I hope that what I consider a light-bulb moment, is not actually a delirious episode. What do you think?










List of Ingredients:

Cardstock: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom and Real Red (SU)
Ink: Basic Brown and Pacific Point Classic Ink (SU)
Stamps: Way to Go Kiddo (PTI)
Accessories: 1 1/4" Circle Punch (SU), Two-Step Owl Punch (SU), Modern Label (SU), Die-namics Flower Silhouette (MFT), Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (SU), Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval Dies (Bizzy Becs), Beautiful Blooms II #3 Die Collection (PTI), Large Brads (SU), Tangerine Twisted Paper Cord (Annabelle Stamps), Orange Zest - 2009 Bitty Dots Basics Paper (PTI), Basic Black Marker (SU), MyStik (Scrapbook Adhesives) and Mini Glue Dots (SU).

I think the baby looks slightly Southpark-ish...but still pretty cute. As I mentioned in the previous post, I had to cut a little piece off the bottom of the back, Pacific Point, layer...in order to get the card to stand up.

The colour combo was inspired by the gift that we have bought for our friends. This gift is currently winging its way across the Pacific, and should arrive here in a week or so. Let me introduce you to Squiddy Big  Head (I like to call him Mr Squiddy, and I hope that I am going to be able to part with him once he has arrived here :-)...




These images, and the amazingly beautiful crocheted Mr Squiddy, are by Angela Davidson of 'Handmade by Angela' on Etsy. Her crocheted creations are simply awe inspiring (and it is beautiful works of art like this that have made me want to learn to crochet so badly). Thanks so much Angela!

I wanted this to be an extra special gift as this friend is someone hubby went to school with and also sailed 12ft skiffs with on Sydney Harbour for many years. They have both spent lots of time on boats and on the water, so I thought the Mr Squiddy was an appropriate gift (plus I think he is very, very cute...with those big sleepy eyes and bright lips).

I am preparing a little blog candy here...so pop back soon if you want to enter. There might be some delicious Washi Tape involved ;-).

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing Sunday!
(Blogged to: Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd, China Girl - David Bowie and Holy Grail - Hunters & Collectors).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Far too cute Sam, and that Mr Squiddy is adorable. Another great job!! Oh and loving the music choice he he he!

Diane Barnes said...

Definitely a light bulb moment Sam. Such a great idea & a very cute card. Love Mr Squiddy too. I really must cruise etsy as you find so many gorgeous things.