Sunday 12 June 2011

A Little Love Bug...


I thought I'd play along with Just Add Ink's Challenge # 71 - Just Add Black and White this week...because I needed some inspiration, and this one seemed like just the ticket!

I visited Fantasia at Taren Point yesterday, and picked up a few little goodies to make this card at Mum's place...




The Love bug is just hand cut, except for his little feet, which are parts of a flower in the Spring Bouquet punch by SU. The white cardstock came as a 12 x 12 sheet, with a flower dry embossed on it, which I thought was very cute. The black was also a 12 x 12 sheet and came with straight-ish lines dry embossed on it...impossible to see in these pics.

The rubons are by Kaisercraft, and I'm not impressed at all. I had to rub really, really, really hard...and still it hadn't transferred from the sheet properly, and came away all crooked and broken on the 'L' and 'o'...which I tried to fix, but you can still see it. They are a fraction of the price of the SU rub-ons though (which work wonderfully and easily on all surfaces I find)...so I guess you get what you pay for!

PS. The inspiration for the love bug came from a motif on one of Thumper's Pumpkin Patch suits.

Gotta run now,

15 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh this one is super cute!! Good to see you can get inspiration from all sorts of places!

KimB said...

Hi Sam,
I agree kids clothes are great for inspiration. Thumper's bug must have been pretty cute cause your is without a doubt! Love that black "lace" too.
Kim

Rachel said...

Very cute, I love the lace too.
Rach:)

Paula Dobson said...

Super cool and super cute - despite the rub ons!! Thanks for playing at JAI this week Sam ♥

susy said...

Very cute Sam. glad to see you getting some crafting time in for yourself.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. What a great place for inspiration too - Pumpkin Patch! Chantell

Jodene said...

This is so cute Sam! Love your little bug :)

artyfartystuff said...

I love this card!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, this is just GORGEOUS, Sam! Don't you just hate it when rub-ons are, well, less than great? Wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it, y'know! Good fixing-up job, though :) Your card is super-cute.

Nikki Spencer said...

Super Cute & Funky Sam! Love your inspiration too! thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

Patrice said...

Too cute! Great that you're still being your creative self. Love that 'fabric' you've wrapped around your card.

Shame about the rubons - although your sentiment looks just fine.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So darn cute! What a great idea! Hugs xxaxx

Unknown said...

far too cute for words and that fabric looks fabulous.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

This is so adorable Sam and very, very cute! Love the mesh background. I have trouble with cheaper rubons too - which makes me very grumpy indeed (I thought it was just my technique......).

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn

Rose said...

I love your LOVEBUG!!! Soo cute!