Saturday 24 December 2011

A little Christmas Bling...


I was just wrapping one last Christmas gift, and I thought I'd open up my poor old neglected blog and post a picture of what I made, and say hi...and Merry Christmas...if there is anyone still out there reading!


The gorgeous black, red and white glass lampwork focal beads in this set are by two different artists on Etsy...Laura Critchfield of Chestnut Ridge Designs and Kandice Seeber of Air & Earth Designs.

I didn't have the energy to do much with the Christmas wrapping...we'd just finished our Christmas lunch practice run (what the heck, may as well make the most of a good thing, right?!), and I was feeling pretty sleepy.

I also thought I'd let you know that after seven months of sailing on the high seas (some higher than others ;-)...we motored back through Sydney Heads on Thursday afternoon...and I was feeling just a little teary at the time too!


It has been such a wonderful adventure, but for now I am pretty pleased to be home (although as we sat around the table today at lunch I commented on how much Lucey Blue feels like home right now). Thankfully we have a few more weeks to relax in Sydney and get our heads ready to pack up the boat before we head back to Canberra (and school and work and stuff...).

Very best wishes to you and your family this Holiday Season!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed your time on your boat, it would have been amazing, you are very lucky :). A beautiful jewellery set, the black and red are a gorgeous contrast to the glass. I hope you and your family have a wonderful christmas! Take Care

Karen said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS GORGEOUS GIRL!!!

Of course I'm still reading your blog, although I really must check out the Lucy Blue one cause I forget to go there! lol

I can't believe you've been sailing for 7 months! WOW!!

I hope that Santa spoils you all rotton tomorrow - cheers to you!:)

Luv Karen
x

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow, where did that time go? I'm glad you've had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday in preparation for the return to routine in 2012. Have a wonderful Christmas in Sydney, Sam. Your bead work is gorgeous.