Thursday 4 October 2012

What flavour is your crafting cordial?


I thought it'd be longer before I could show you this project (as it only went in the mail on Tuesday), but apparently it arrived at its destination today.....so it's all good to go.

This is a very simple card, because I've been feel a bit craft-challenged of late. I think I might need to change the flavour of my cordial or something (especially given my last goofey creation ;-)...
The earrings were part of the birthday gift that accompanied the card. I made them using pretty lampwork cube beads by Blue Seraphim on Etsy. My wire wrapping could be a bit tidier. But I'm getting there!

Back to the subject of mail...I've discovered a little something about the journey mail takes in and out of Central Australia. Apparently, it comes via rail from Adelaide, and road before that.....and this is why I've been sitting around wondering what the camels have been doing with my parcels! Most of my mail from the east coast has been taking about 2 weeks to get here.....and given it's been travelling by road and rail to get here, it's no wonder! So, for this latest package I splurged the extra three dollars for express post, and hey presto! Two days in transit!!!!! Me likey :-).

Project Recipe:

Cardstock: Early Expresso, Pool Party and Whisper White (SU);
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon (Tsukineko);
Stamps: Shape It Up (Annabelle Stamps);
Punches: 1 inch Circle Punch (SU);
Accessories: White Gel Pen (misc), Paper Piercer (misc), Designer Buttons - Playground (SU), Patterned Paper (misc) and Hemp Twine - Turquoise (Annabelle Stamps).


Blogged to: All Night Long - Lionel Richie, Sweet Talkin' Woman - Electric Light Orchestra, What is Love - Howard Jones and Forever Young - Youth Group.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh god I am LOVIN those earrings!!! What a gorgeous birthday pressie Sam! oh and as for my fave cordial flavour- it'd have to be lime! Leaves me nice and refreshed! Lol

Luv Karen
X

KimB said...

It was a wonderful surprise Sam :)Love every little bit and will treasure it. I'm going to up the cordial (I'm not a cordial drinker)to a G&T although after more than one of those what ever crafting I'd come up with might be a bit hmmm interesting too ;)
xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Nothing wrong with the mojo here! Love the colour combo you chose! Fab & fresh! I must admit ... Lack of crafting is harming my mojo too! Love the funky flower! Perfect to go with the gorgeous earrings! Hugs xxx

Patrice said...

Haha without reading Kim's comment above I knew this would be her b'day pressie. Gorgeous! I bet she's suitably impressed and happy with her loot. You're a sweet friend.

Absolutely love that gorgeous bit button/twine flower. Very clever.

x

Diane Barnes said...

Oooooh, very pretty....both card & earrings. You're having quite the way with twine. Love the flower! I had the treat of spending the day with the recipient yesterday. Can't wait to see you next month. Hugs, D